Theatre Tribe Academy is not only dedicated to building the confidence of young people in performance and theatre, but also in the outside world and work place. With this in mind Theatre Tribe has begun an Internship programme, showing young people how Theatre Tribe operates behind the scenes whilst utilising the Intern’s skills in assisting our Tribe Leaders in running our experiences.
“I just want to say a big thank you for letting me work with you last week – I now realise what hard work it is! But I had a great time and left feeling like I had achieved something. I would be really interested in helping you out again…” – Grace Holley
Open to young people aged 17+ years old, Tribe Interns join us for the full period of the 5-day experience. You will work alongside our team, arriving when they do to set up, and leaving when they do once the evening prep has been completed.
What you will gain from becoming a Theatre Tribe Intern:
- Learn the processes and organisational skills required in running a professional educational programme such as Theatre Tribe Academy.
- Assist and learn from our Tribe Leaders how to prepare and lead each day’s Theatre Tribe experience, including organising the rehearsal room, measuring and taping the staging, putting up signage, organising props, setting up the theatre and providing additional help to Tribe Members during rehearsals.
- Observe how our Tribe Leaders interact with and lead students throughout our experiences.
- Theatre Tribe’s team are all professional actors – from observing the rehearsals of each experience you will learn yourself the daily routines, language, theatre tips and technical terms used in everyday Musical Theatre circles.
- Tribe Interns are each provided with two Tribe Intern T-shirts to wear throughout their Internship.
- If the Tribe Intern does not already possess one, Theatre Tribe will organise, for the small fee of £20, an Enhanced CRB check.
- Theatre Tribe will provide written references upon completion of the Intern’s time with us. Theatre Tribe is happy to act as a referee for future progammes, education and employment the Intern goes on to pursue.
- Have a fabulous time! Theatre Tribe doesn’t offer the traditional hum drum ‘work experience week’ of sitting behind a desk, stuffing envelopes and making cups of tea – Theatre Tribe is high energy, physically challenging and all systems go!
“My time spent as an intern with Theatre Tribe was excellent! It really allowed me to enhance my skills and also improve on being able to transfer them onto the attendee’s. Being able to build a close relationship with West End professionals and watching and seeing what they do was very inspiring and fun also!” – Marie Myrie
If this sounds like fun and you would like to join us for 5 days working with our team, please contact us noting which courses you are available for.